Tuesday, October 17, 2006

healthy breakfast cookies (sugar-free)

I whipped these up one morning because I was bored by the prospect of making oatmeal. They're super easy and quick to make. Plus they're healthy and the kids love them. Who wouldn't love cookies for breakfast!? (This recipe makes approximately 18 (1 1/2 inch) cookies.)

I'll occasionally add 1/4 tsp. of mandarin extract for a touch of citrus flavor.

Healthy Breakfast Cookies

2 mashed bananas
1/4 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 cup raisins
2 cups quick oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet.

Combine the ingredients in the order they appear above. Mix until well combined. Drop cookies onto baking sheet and press down slightly with fingers, if desired. (Cookies will not spread). Bake for 15 minutes.

RATING: ***

10 comments:

LK Sisters said...

This sounds yummy! We love oatmeal cookies, and eating cookies for breakfast sounds quick and delicious! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just made these.. they were so yummy! thanks so much! I added some coconut extract too. :)

Anonymous said...

I used dried blueberries instead of raisins. I portioned them with an 1/8 cup measure and it made 16 cookies. Very good! I only cooked for 8 minutes and they had a chewy and delicious texture.

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!.. I love to cook :P
and love this blog.. GO VEGAN!

Hannah said...

I have a some allergic to eggs, nuts, and all dairy. Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful treat that is sugar-free! My son gobbled them up.

Sudha said...

loved ur food..being a vegetarian and a baker, u can imagine how i love ur blog

Anonymous said...

I must have done something wrong because these came out inedible. I only had regular oats on hand. I wonder if that was the difference.

Ashley said...

We are always on the go...so I have to try this one! No raisins...so dates will have to do! :)

Unknown said...

Any ideas on how to do it without the banana? I love them, but they trigger my asthma.

Unknown said...

Love this idea! Have been making a version of these for awhile now after being inspired by your recipe. Linked you back on a post I just did here - http://www.teacheatlove.com/2012/08/healthy-toddler-cookies.html